Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Only Way To Go Is UP


Abandoned gas station, Old Las Vegas Hwy, New Mexico

OK, everyone, once more with feeling.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end,
To pump some gas
For less than a couple a bucks.

But times have changed
They have
You bet your bottom four dollars they have
Those were the days,
Oh yes, those were the days.

I don't have sound with the blog yet so sorry I couldn't lead you all in a rousing chorus of Those Were The Days. However, I can imagine you would all get in the spirit on your own. :~)

This is a real sign not too far from where I live. I've driven by it hundreds of times and thought, "I must photograph that some day", especially recently, for obvious reaons! My sweetheart tells me it was indeed a bonafide gas station, complete with drive-through liquor store. Those, too, are gone from New Mexico, along with $1.49 gas. Which is probably a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment