Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Walk in the Garden, Last Days of Summer


My fellow earth dwellers,

I'm bug eyed from looking at blogs and pages of you know what, and you know who. The natural world is such an antidote to this senseless stress and thank goodness we have it still. These little shots I made one morning last week as I walked around examining the new fuzzy caterpillars that are busy munching for their cocooning, and lots of flowers like Cosmos and Morning Glory and Sunflower that have finished their souljourns and have prepared some amazing seeds for next year. It never ceases to amaze me how one seed makes one plant, which makes many seeds—many, many if you are a sunflower.

Another Terry Tempest Williams treat on the way soon but in the meantime take a little stroll through this garden of earthly delights. Parlez joined in and thought it great fun to try and eat my camera strap while I made a photo of him. He was laying down taking a break after an arduous session waiting for finches to drop into his mouth, as you can see below.



















No comments:

Post a Comment