Friday, July 17, 2009

Fabulous Femme Photographer: Lillian Bassman at 92

ARTS / ART & DESIGN | July 17, 2009
By GINIA BELLAFANTE

Photo by Damon Winter/The New York Times

A great article in the New York Times about Lillian Bassman here.


I'm going through my collection of photography books. I found one by Lillain Bassman and wondered who she was, apart from being an editorial and commercial fashion photographer. "Was" being the operative word. To my delight she is alive and well, living in NYC, and using Photoshop on her old fashion photographs, like every 92 year-old photographer does. Wot?

It is very inspiring to me to see she was a graphic designer in the 40's, a photographer in the 40's–60's, and now a digital dame (for the last 5 years). I bet her Keds are part of the secret... Thank you LB for sending me the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment