Thursday, July 24, 2008

Santa Fe Hosts an International Folk Art Market!




A couple of Saturdays ago Santa Fe hosted the 5th Annual International Folk Art Market. I was documenting the journey of a couple of artists my friend Shelly had brought over from Peru, a wood carver and a jeweler. (A moviette of this will be shown on Bird's Eye View later this summer). We started in Abiquiu and then a few days later I caught up with them on opening day at the already packed venue up on Museum Hill. Not only is it a wonderful and colorful event, but many of the craftspeople return to their homeland with enough money to put in a water system for the whole town, or something equally as rewarding.

It was my first time and I can see why people go year after year. Here are a few shots from opening day. More to follow.











No comments:

Post a Comment